Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Registered Nurse- Surgical Intermediate Care Unit to join our team in Wilmington, Delaware. This position is 72 hours or 60 biweekly (both full-time), rotating shifts or straight nights with every third weekend and holiday rotation. $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE 2 WEST UNIT: Nemours Pediatric Nursing
2 West is a surgical intermediate unit with a high population of patients requiring post-operative care for urological issues, traumatic injuries, and general surgery. 2 West also cares for patients with acute and end stage renal disease and patients requiring an intermediate level of nursing care due to their tracheostomy and/or ventilator needs. Each patient room is equipped with oxygen, compressed air, and suction along with state-of-the-art cardiorespiratory bedside monitors and computers that enable the healthcare team to access a patient's electronic medical record. The patient care complexity directly relates to the wide range of patient care skills required for this diverse patient population. The goal of this unit is to provide high quality, cost effective patient care. The Synergy model is used in making appropriate patient assignments based on patient and family needs and nursing skill set.
Special equipment used on this unit includes infusion pumps, syringe pumps, feeding pumps, BiPap respirators, Oxygen delivery methods, PCA & epidural pumps, wound vacutainers, ventilators and specialty beds. Nursing competencies include: chest tube management, pain management, blood product administration, urinary catheterization, tracheostomy care, ventilator management, and central line care and management.
- We are looking for professional and dedicated nurses.
- BSN highly preferred
- Pediatric experience preferred
- At least 6 months of nursing experience preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
- Must be eligible for or have current DE nursing license.
- Must have BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
Eligibility for Sign on Bonus:
- 2 years of inpatient or pediatric experience required
- Rotating A/P shifts or straight night shift. If hired as nights, will stay on nights for 2 year commitment.
- Will remain on 2 West for duration of 2 year commitment.
- *external applicants only