Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Nemours is seeking an inpatient Pulmonology APRN to join our team in Wilmington!
The Inpatient/Asthma Pulmonology APRN provides direct and indirect care to patients and their families throughout the inpatient setting with a focus on asthma. Candidates should expect to perform follow up assessments and education as well as potential coordination with biologics clinic from the inpatient to outpatient setting. Interested candidates must demonstrate independent and collaborative clinical decision making. Excellent communication skills and collaboration with a multidisciplinary care team are required. The Inpatient Pulmonology APRN is a critical liaison within the department and between various medical teams, nursing teams, and families.
- Performs ongoing assessment and evaluation of patient progress and revision of interdisciplinary plan of care.
- This position serves as a critical liaison within the department and between various medical teams, nursing teams, and families.
- Identifies patient/family need for further resources and initiates appropriate referrals.
- Assists the Staff Nurse in formulating the Nursing Care Plan and setting priorities based on the needs of patient and family.
- Documents patient care and progress on patient's chart.
- Coordinates Nursing Plan for Discharge in collaboration with the Staff Nurse and other members of the health care team.
- Provides patient/family teaching based on identification of learning needs.
- Evaluates compliance with the prescribed treatment regimen through telephone calls, family/patient assessments and outpatient visits as needed.
- Acts as a patient's advocate.
- Acts as a role model to other members of the Nursing Department to foster professional development.
- Acts as a liaison between families and members of the health care team.
- Interested candidates must demonstrate independent and collaborative clinical decision making skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work within a multidisciplinary care team.
- Active Delaware (or compact state) Registered Nurse Licensure required
- Active Delaware Advanced Practice Nurse Licensure, with or without prescriptive authority required
- Delaware Controlled Substance Registration (CSR)
- Federal DEA registration with Delaware Address
- Current certification as an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider (HCP) Certification required
- Current PALS certification required