Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Nemours Cardiac Center of the Children's Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware is looking for a qualified Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Inpatient Cardiac Center!
The Nemours Cardiac Center (NCC) provides comprehensive care for infants, children, and adolescents with cardiac, thoracic, and vascular disease. The Cardiac Center provides patient care, performs research, educates and trains health care professionals in a variety of settings.
This individual will work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, dedicating his/her specialized practice to cardiac patients located in either the cardiac intensive care unit, on our telemetry floor or in our post anesthesia cardiac unit (cardiac PACU). The APRN or PA will also be involved with cardiac babies delivered on site in our advanced delivery unit.
Our patient population ranges from newborns to young adults with congenital or acquired heart disease. Our surgeons perform all of the complex cardiac repairs, including definitive neonatal surgery, adult congenital surgery, and heart transplantation. They utilize all forms of mechanical support (VAD's, ECMO, ECLS) as an adjunct to our very active heart failure and pulmonary hypertension service.
This position will include working some night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Obtain medical histories, perform physical exams, order and interpret laboratory data, and prescribe management and medications on patients admitted to our inpatient service.
- Present patients on rounds, write daily progress notes, collate inpatient records, and complete discharge summaries using the electronic medical record.
- Assist in the preoperative and postoperative care of surgical patients.
- Provide continuity of care when coordinating care with other members of the health care team.
- Attend and present departmental patient care conferences and participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Interact with families of our patients, embracing a family centered focus.
Requirements (APRN & PA listed below):
- Graduate from an accredited Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program or from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Delaware Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license required with prescriptive authority, Delaware, or compact state Registered Nurse Licensure
- Delaware Physician Assistant Licensure with prescriptive authority
- Current appropriate national certification
- BLS, PALS and ACLS certification required
- 2 years or greater of clinical experience is preferred
Take a tour of our Cardiac Center: Nemours Cardiac Center Tour