Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Great New Rates & - $20,000** sign on Bonus!! Nemours is seeking a Registered Nurse- CVOR to join our team in Wilmington, DE.
**must have a minimum of 2 years experience in pediatric CVOR with scrub and circulate to qualify for sign on.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the operating room for all patient populations.
This primary position at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware
This position requires active registered nurse (RN) licensure in Delaware and may require Pennsylvania, and New Jersey,
This position requires working shifts aligned with the needs of the department and the assigned FTE of the RN. This position also includes on-call and holiday requirements based on the needs of the department.
- Provides age-specific, culturally competent, and ethical care within legal standards of practice.
- Assesses patient's immediate pre-operative, intraoperative, and immediate post-operative status at intervals in compliance with organizational policies/procedures.
- Develops an individualized perioperative patient plan of care.
- Protects the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Performs accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items in compliance with organizational policies/procedures.
- Performs interventions necessary to ensure that the patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level.
- Manages patient specimens according to organizational policy and procedures.
- Communicates the patient status to relevant parties throughout the continuum of care.
- Provides/administers medications safely and correctly in compliance with organizational policies/procedures.
- Performs interventions to maintain the patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline level.
- Performs interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative period.
- Performs interventions to protect the patient from surgical site infection.
- Evaluates patient progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Minimum of one year experience
- ASN required, BSN within 3 years from the date of hire
- DE RN License
- PA RN License within 6 months from the date of hire
- NJ RN licensure within 1 year from the date of hire
- PA Clearances: FBI Fingerprint Report, PA Criminal Background Record, & PA Child Abuse Clearance
- American Heart Association BLS required upon hire
- American Heart Association PALS within 6 months from the date of hire
- American Heart Association ACLS within 1 year from the date of hire
- CNOR; CPN preferred