Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Registered Nurse (Comprehensive Cardiac Care Unit) FULL-TIME to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida. Click Here to take a virtual tour.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
$10,000 sign on bonus!!! **
Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,250 Annually
$3,000 Employee Referral Bonus
**two years of experience in specialty required to obtain bonus
Check out why our nurses love to work at Nemours!!
Pediatric Transport https://youtu.be/34K0eJnxNIM
OR Nurses https://youtu.be/60b_RIAopig
Acute Care https://youtu.be/cZ-5EgynFy4
- Providing nursing care in the Comprehensive Cardiac Care area in partnership with the child and family that is individualized to meet the child or family's unique needs and situation.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing plan considering the patient and family's individual, cultural, ethnic, and religious values and beliefs.
- Deliver care based on family centered care principles in collaboration with other medical professionals.
- Evaluate nursing care on an ongoing basis and revising the plan of care as appropriate.\
- Accountable and responsible for the coordination and management of patients in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Utilize the nursing process as a basis for providing and evaluating nursing care applying knowledge of growth and development, pathophysiology, spiritual and cultural needs and family dynamics in delivery of nursing and inter-professional care.
- Deliver care in a non-judgmental and nondiscriminatory manner that is sensitive to and values diversity.
- Provide patient education for diagnostic procedures, medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Oversee patient flow, providing clinical direction to other team members.
- Participate in and support research studies, evidence-based practice projects, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing/medical interventions and address/make appropriate changes as needed.
- Engage in advocacy activities and ethical decision making in partnership with parents and families.
- Demonstrates quality by documenting the application of the nursing process and evidence-based practice in a responsible, accountable, and ethical manner.
- Maintain patient/family confidentiality and privacy within legal and regulatory parameters.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing practice & maintain evidence of competence and lifelong learning.
- Contribute to a culture of safety by adhering to policy and procedures that demonstrate evidence-based nursing practice.
- Provide oversight for nursing care provided by others while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to the patient.
- Engage in self and peer evaluation according to standards for the nursing profession, pediatric nursing, and associated regulatory agencies, taking action to improve practice.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing care that is safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Adhere to the Nemours Standards of Behavior. For example, appearance exemplifies the professional image by meeting all standards of dress code such as wearing easily visible identification badge.
- ASN required
- Active Florida or multi-state RN license, required
- National certification in area of clinical specialty (preferred)
- Minimum of 6 months of RN experience required, experience in pediatric specialty area, preferred
Following must be obtained prior to employment start date
- Valid American Heart Association BLS Certification; must be valid for 90 days post start date.
- Valid American Heart Association PALS