Location: New York, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Hours: 13 shifts per 4 week schedule, 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekend, and holiday rotation
Are you a highly motivated critical thinker passionate about pediatric cancer care and critical care medicine? We have a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity for an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join the MSK Kids Pediatric ICU team!
About MSK Kids
MSK Kids, Memorial Sloan Kettering's pediatric program, is dedicated to all children, young adults, and families facing childhood cancer. With specialized expertise and care focused on the individual child, we're proud to say that more families turn to us for cancer care than any other hospital in the United States. And as pioneers in research, no one fights harder than our physicians and scientists to develop and deliver more effective strategies to prevent, treat, and ultimately cure childhood cancer -- for our patients at MSK Kids, and for those everywhere.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members in an acute care setting
- Deliver comprehensive care to Pediatric ICU patients, meeting their medical and psychosocial needs
- Implement and evaluate standards of care and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferred
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Pediatric Acute Care NP certification required
- Master's degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
Pay Range $116,800.00-$192,800.000/ Annually
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.