Location: Orlando, Florida
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Nemours is seeking a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to work as a floater in our Primary Care Offices.
- Provides medical and nursing care to pediatric patients with acute or chronic illnesses, with a patient/family centered care focus.
- Performs complete or focused physical examinations.
- Orders, performs, and/or interprets diagnostic or screening tests in order to develop treatment plans.
- Refers clients to other health care professionals and agencies as appropriate for specialized services, including but not limited to: other medical subspecialists, physical and occupational therapy, nutritional counseling and management, special education, growth and development/behavioral counseling.
- Develops or approves in-school management plans for patients as appropriate.
- Makes dietary, activity/exercise, counseling, education and health promotion recommendations within the APRN scope of practice.
- Initiates any other measure/procedure for which the APRN has been trained depending on patient's condition and judgment of the physician and the APRN.
- Must have certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Must have current Florida APRN license
- Previous pediatric experience required
- Current American Heart Association BLS
Nemours offers its Associates a competitive salary and a robust benefits package that includes relocation, health/life/dental/vision for Associates and their dependents, a wellness program, CME, 403(b) with employer match, licensure and dues allowance, tuition reimbursement, legal plan, adoption assistance and many other benefit options. If you're looking for a position that will allow you to enjoy a work-life balance, have an opportunity for professional growth, and focus on pediatric care, this is the opportunity for you.