Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a RN to join our PICU team!
Our pediatric team has more than 150 skilled pediatricians and pediatric specialists, including a full service hospitalist program who work with providers from around the region to provide high quality care to more than 100,000 pediatric patients annually. Additionally, we have a Level IV NICU and a 13-bed PICU, the first in the state of Idaho. St. Luke's Children's Hospital is also developing a pediatric trauma program.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
The 39-bed Pediatric unit, a part of St. Luke's Children's Hospital, has a family centered care focus integrated with relationship based care. Pediatrics cares for children from infant up to age 18 with a wide variety of illnesses, diseases, and surgical procedures. The only children's hospital in Idaho.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
Experience: 1+ years of experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke's Health System is dedicated to our mission "to improve the health of people in our region."
Why St. Luke's:
- Five-time Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence
- Named one of the top 15 Health Systems in the U.S. for the 9th consecutive year
- Locally owned, not-for-profit, and driven by a strong sense of purpose
- Luke's Children's Hospital, Idaho's only children's hospital, has been recognized for the first time as a Level 2 Pediatric Trauma care facility by the American College of Surgeons. The achievement recognizes St. Luke's pediatric trauma center's dedication and delivery of excellence in caring for injured pediatric patients in Idaho
- SLHS named one the best hospitals for maternity care
Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.